You need one device in each location where you want to play music. A location represents a physical place such as a restaurant or shop. Only one device can be connected to a location at a time. We support the following devices:
Minimum requirement (mobiles and tablets):
- Android OS version 4.4 or higher
- Quad-core 1.3
- RAM: 1 GB
- Compatible with Google Play
iOS player (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
- iPad – iPad 2 and later (iPad 3 and later recommended)
- iPad Mini – First generation and later (2nd generation and later recommended)
- iPhone – iPhone 4S and later
- iPod Touch – 5th generation and later
We support Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. The Windows player runs as a program in the background with limited functionality.
Not sure which device to use? Check out our application comparison.
Connect the device to your speakers
You can connect the device that you use to play music to your speakers through AirPlay, Bluetooth or line-input. If you use an Android device, you can cast music to your speakers via Google Home. Learn more here.
For more information on the Sonos speakers that support line-input connection, go here.