Generally, we do not allow the installation of the Soundtrack Business Player app as an admin. The reason is that the automatic updating service may stop working, and our goal is for our service to always be stable and updated.
If you tried to install the file by right-clicking it and choosing "Run as administrator" you can solve this by simply running the file like this:
- Double-click the Soundtrack Business install file to start the installation.
- Click "Close" once the installation is complete.
If your user has admin rights by default, we would recommend that you create a new user without admin rights and install the file on that user.
Still want to install the service as admin?
If the steps mentioned above is not an option for you, and you still want to install the service as admin, you can do so by manually. Before you do, we'd like you to take note of the following information:
- Only install Soundtrack Business on one user on your computer and be logged in to that user when music should be playing. You won’t be able to play music through Soundtrack Business if you log in as another user on the same computer.
- You might experience problems with getting updates to work automatically, this means some manual work is involved to get the service to function optimally when installed this way.
- Download the Windows player from this page.
- Open the folder where the downloaded file is.
- Right-click on the file and select "Create shortcut."
- Right-click the shortcut and select "Properties."
- Then select "Target."
- Add a space and then write “/admin” after exe. It's important that you put in the space before you write the text for it to work. This is an example on what it should look like:
- Click OK and install the file.