This article explains how to import your personal Spotify playlists to your Soundtrack Business account.
We plan to add this feature in all supported markets, but for now, it's available in these specific countries.
Check out this video to get started:
Before you import a playlist
A few things to think about before importing a playlist:
- Always make the playlist at least three hours to avoid repetition.
- Add variety of tracks by mixing different artists and albums
- If you make updates to the playlist in Spotify, the updates will not be reflected in Soundtrack Business. We recommend importing your playlist again to reflect updates made in Spotify.
Import your playlists
You can import as many playlists as you'd like from your Spotify account. When you import a playlist, we compare your tracks to our available catalog and generate the playlist. Follow these instructions to get started:
1. When logged in to your account, click on "Your Music" in the top menu and then on "Create playlist."
2. Click on "Connect to Spotify."
3. You'll now see a list of the playlists from your Spotify account. Select the playlist that you want to import into Soundtrack Business. You can only import one playlist at a time.
4. Once the import finishes, you will see a result of how many songs we were able to match in our music catalog.
We will give you a list of suggested songs based on the tracks imported under "Similar songs". Click on the headphones to preview the song, then click the "+" icon to add it to your playlist. Songs added to your playlist in Soundtrack Business will not be reflected in your playlist on Spotify.
5. Save when you're done! To start playing your playlist, simply click on "Play".
Learn how to make changes to your playlist once it's imported to your account here.
Frequently asked questions
Why am I unable to import my playlists?
If you receive the error that we're unable to import your playlist, please make sure that it meets all the conditions mentioned under "Before you import your playlist" above. In most cases, you can solve this yourself by running through your playlist and making sure that the playlist includes:
- More than three hours of music.
- A variety of songs, albums, and artists.
Once you’ve updated the playlist in Spotify, simply try to import the playlist to your Soundtrack Business account again.
Why weren't all of the songs included in the import?
When you import a playlist, we compare your tracks to our available catalog and generate the playlist. In most cases we’re able to match a majority of the songs, but you might experience some songs are missing. We recommend that you import playlists with a variation of songs and artists for the best experience. With that said, we are continually updating and adding songs to our catalog on a regular basis to improve match rates.
Will changes I make to the Spotify playlist be updated in Soundtrack Business?
No. Updates made to the playlist in Spotify after you've imported it to Soundtrack Business will only show in Spotify. You can, however, import an updated Spotify playlist to your account and remove the previous version of the playlist.
When will you launch this feature in my country?
We plan to roll out this feature to all markets where we are available and will add countries as fast as we can. You can participate in our beta test until the feature is officially launched in your market. Contact us to learn more.